Skip to content

Associate Lecturer, German Studies job with MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY – SYDNEY AUSTRALIA

  • Salary: $108,111 – $127,193 (Level B) + 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading
  • Appointment type: Full-time, fixed-term role (3 years)
  • Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde

about us

Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 58 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. We are focused on fostering collaboration between students, academics, industry and society, encouraging all to traverse the boundaries of their own perspective and affect change.

One of the leading arts and humanities faculties in Australia, Macquarie’s Faculty of Arts is home to bold thinkers and passionate educators who are asking the big questions about the world. United in the spirit of interdisciplinary discovery we explore the human story from its earliest foundations in ancient cultures to its exciting future. Our research is gaining global recognition and with six research centres, two museums and state-of-the-art media facilities, we empower our staff to transform themselves and the world around them.

Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation in 1964, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the center of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.

About You

The Department of Media, Communications, Creative Arts, Language and Literature and the German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD)) are seeking to appoint a scholar to promote and improve international academic cooperation and the exchange of teaching experiences between Macquarie University and the DAAD.

The appointee will have expertise in teaching in the discipline area of ​​German culture and language and is expected to teach with the Department of MCCALL. Approximately 70% of the appointment will be spent in teaching at Macquarie University including teaching collaborations with German institutions. The remaining 30% of the appointment will drive outreach to the wider German-speaking community in Australia and internationally, and engage with the German higher education system and provision of information about recent developments in the German higher education landscape. It is anticipated this will involve close collaboration with the DAAD Information Center in Sydney, located in the Sydney branch of the Goethe-Institut).

Selection criteria:

To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a resume and a separate document responding to the selection criteria below, as part of their application:

  • Demonstrated deep knowledge of the German Research and Higher Education Sector to provide advice to staff and students on teaching, research and mobility
  • Post-graduate qualifications in a relevant aspect of Germanic Studies with a preference for the area of ​​teaching German as a foreign language
  • Experience teaching German language and/or cultural studies, preferably at a tertiary level and capacity to contribute to all levels A1-C1
  • Experience with developing curriculum projects that reflect Macquarie University’s strategic curriculum development
  • Experience in the field of e-learning and handling LMS environments & current foreign language didactic methods in virtual learning environments
  • Ability to contribute to a collegial environment that fosters and supports the work of others, and experience with promoting diversity and inclusion
  • Excellent English language skills

General Inquiries:

HR Assistant, Grace Deng, grace.deng@mq.edu.au

Applications Close:

Sunday 7th August 2022, 11:59 pm (AEST)

At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion . We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values ​​of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.

Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.

https://staff.mq.edu.au/work/diversity-inclusion

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.