OCT 31 DANCING TO DEADLINE DEALS? The Dallas Cowboys and the remainder of the NFL face a Tuesday afternoon commerce deadline … and CowboysSI.com’s one-on-one with Jerry Jones leaves our Mike Fisher believing Jerry has “The Itch.”
Writes Fish: “Jerry Jones has “the itch.”
“My 32 years of chronicling the Jones period in Dallas doesn’t include ensures concerning what the Cowboys will do between now and Tuesday’s deadline. The “who”? The “what”? The openly-discussed large receiver”?
“These dances can’t be danced alone; Jerry – and Stephen Jones and Will McClay, most immediately concerned – want prepared companions.
“However this I can say, after a few post-game at-large media periods after which a festive elevator journey on the way in which to Jones’ AT&T Stadium suite:
“Jerry Jones needs there to be a chance the place he can make the most of his belief in his “really feel and guts and intuition and willingness to go on on the market and take that threat.”
Learn extra about that right here.
OCT 31 NAMING NAMES IN NEW ENGLAND Amidst a number of stories that the Patriots have been fielding calls on quite a few gamers, names resembling proper deal with Isaiah Wynn, working again Damien Harris and security Jabril Peppers have been talked about among the many newest rumors surrounding the Patriots. It is also being reported that New England had not too long ago acquired inquiries on all of the Pats vet wideouts, together with Jakobi Meyers, DeVante Parker, Nelson Agholor and Kendrick Bourne.
Is Jerry Jones studying this?
OCT 31: 10 NAMES Sunday was an enormous launch day for rumors, with the Buffalo Payments very a lot within the information. The Buffalo Information created a top-10 listing, and listed here are our responses at they relate to the Payments and past …
1) Rams working again Cam Akers. Sources in LA have instructed us the 2 events are “finished” with each other. Drawback: Akers does not appear to be working with a lot “juice,” rendering him much less harmful than the highest two backs on the Buffalo roster.
2) Texas receiver Brandin Cooks. Cooks is a take-the-top-off weapon, however the Texans, per a supply, would solely hear if a second-round choose was supplied. That, and Cooks’ 2023 wage of $18 million makes this a non-starter.
3) Panthers guard Austin Corbett. He has a tie with the Payments teaching workers and the Panthers are in fire-sale mode. (Despite the fact that they insist they don’t seem to be.)
4) Panthers offensive lineman Cam Erving. Erving is a former Cowboy and is, respectfully, only a man.
5) Lions security DeShon Elliott. Primarily based on his time with the Lions – with a protection that appears to surrender 35 factors on the drop of a hat – this is not very interesting.
6) Commanders working again Antonio Gibson. The Washington entrance workplace is on the document as denying wishing to deal Gibson. (We’d throw Cleveland’s Kareem Hunt into this class as properly – as a reputation to discover, a minimum of.)
Scroll to Proceed
7) Falcons middle Matt Hennessy. A depth piece for the Payments? Protected. However remember that coming into Week 8, the Falcons – reasonably amazingly – are in first place within the NFC South … that means they don’t have any purpose to be sellers.
8) Broncos receiver Jerry Jeudy. A 2020 first-round draft choose, Jeudy would in all probability like to exit the Denver mess. The Broncos, although, can be sensible to ask an exorbitant commerce worth right here.
There may be Cowboys-related gossip right here however we are saying extra smoke than hearth.
By the way in which, and this goes for Cooks and for the Steelers’ Chase Claypool and perhaps totally free agent Odell Beckham Jr., too: We marvel if the Payments entrance workplace is as obsessive about the concept of including to Stefon Diggs and Gabe Davis as the general public clearly is?
9) Bears working again David Montgomery. He is within the ultimate 12 months of his rookie contract, so this is able to be a rental. Do the Payments want so as to add a “energy again”? And in that case, do not they have already got one within the mothballed Zack Moss?
10) 49ers security Tarvarius Moore. The 49ers view themselves as contenders, not “sellers” – as evidenced by their willingness to pay a worth for Christian McCaffrey that the Payments would not meet.
OCT 30 AIKMAN SEES NEED A member of the Dallas Cowboys “household” is making an attempt to assist with an opinion – and his identify occurs to be “Troy Aikman.”
“You higher have some offense in as we speak’s NFL if you are going to win video games,” Aikman instructed TMZ when requested if his previous workforce ought to look so as to add a large receiver. “The way in which you’ve got offense is you’ve got weapons, and you have gotta have multiple or two.”
Aikman modern Michael Irvin has a really feel for an additional thought, the signing of rehabbing free agent Odell Beckham Jr.?
That is Irvin’s pinpointed man, it appears. Aikman does not have a reputation; he is simply bought an informed opinion. A receiver commerce, Aikman stated, “would assist them for positive.”
Value noting: Aikman issued these feedback about Dallas “needing some offense” earlier than the Cowboys beat the Bears 49-29 to maneuver to 6-2 on the bye.
OCT 26 ONE-UPPED? We have to say that Dallas’ deal for Johnathan Hankins really preceded the Eagles’ commerce for Robert Quinn. So no, Dallas didn’t “reply” to the “arms race” there. However that does not imply some aren’t calling for an additional response, particularly as rumors floor that Philly is likely to be chasing Saints celebrity working again Alvin Kamara.
America’s Crew ALERT! Get your Dallas Cowboys recreation TICKETS from SI Tickets…right here!
Observe FishSports on Twitter
Observe Cowboys / Fish on Fb
Subscribe to the Cowboys Fish Report on YouTube for fixed each day Cowboys live-stream podcasts and stories!