A month after its release, the game F122 gratifies us with a new trailer revealing its ratings and appreciations of the various media as well as a patch (1.06). Franchise eagerly awaited by fans and the world of F1, F122 sees itself taking on the mission of representing the queen discipline of motorsport as well as possible while reaching an increasingly wide audience. A mission which seems to have been fulfilled if we are to believe the opinions of the media revealed in the trailer at the bottom of this article.
If this year is marked by a new era of F1 with new regulations, the video game iteration is not left out. In addition to having to adapt to the new technical and sporting regulations, the Codemasters teams went into overdrive by reworking the game’s physics engine, which made it possible on the one hand to finally have new generation graphics on the supports concerned, and on the other hand a finer and more realistic behavior of the single-seaters.
The addition of different immersive modes and a playlist worthy of the name allows F122 to gradually break out of the straitjacket of “niche game” as F1 games could be before, and reach a growing audience with the popularity of F1 in recent years.
Patch 1.06 available
Listening to its players, the developers have today deployed the patch 1.06 which improves the general stability of the game, corrects certain gameplay bugs (tire wear, wear of parts, time indicator, bug in career mode, etc.), improves the technique and stability of the game, especially on PC where certain cards graphics were misrecognized. Below, find the complete list of new features available with this patch 1.06:
- F122 vehicle performance has been changed to better reflect the actual season. As a result of this change, the F1 Time Trial leaderboard has been reset.
- Reduced MCI/MGU-H wear rate when using automatic transmission
- Sector time indicators will now display the correct colors after completing a round
- Improved AI logic when entering and exiting the pits
- Fixed an issue where tire temperatures would reset after pausing the game in online game modes
- Fixed an issue where in some cases the safety car in spectator view could be overtaken by all AI controlled cars, causing many disqualifications
- Fixed an issue where HR department buffs were not applying to pilots
- Fixed an issue where track grip could decrease between qualifying sessions
- Fixed an issue in Baku where the player could collide at turn 15 on the circuit during the AI-controlled rolling start
- Fixed an issue with detachment of Tecpro Barriers protections in Baku
- Sponsor decals and badges color can now be used from a preset color slot
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes
- Marc now correctly references Iconic Drivers
- Fixed an issue where the wrong graphics card could be chosen on game launch, which could lead to a crash
- Game now loads correctly with Intel graphics cards (subject to minimum system requirements and models)
- Adjusted searching for network sessions to reduce the risk of NM14 errors
- Removed the AI icon from the timer panel during the intervention of the safety car in spectator view
- Kevin Magnussen eye color correction
- Collisions are now correctly reported in UDP data
Two Player Career:
- Fixed an issue where in some cases players couldn’t get past contract negotiations in the Two Player Career
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the Two Player Career after a summer break
- Improved the mix when the flat bottom of the F1 car hits the ground, it is now more audible
- Improved performance and mix of tire rub and skids
- Added new sounds for Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Race Engineer from mentioning “Racing Point” instead of Aston Martin
- Fixed an issue where headphones could not be selected as the radio output device on PlayStation 4/5
- Fixed a force feedback issue with several compatible Logitech racing wheels (G920, G29 and G923)
- Fixed an issue where the tachometer (rev counter) LED lights were not working on Logitech bases
- Added LSB and RSB buttons for Thrustmaster T248 / T128 racing wheels on Xbox
VIRTUAL REALITY :
- Improved performance when companion screen is set to full screen
- Fixed involuntary head movement when braking or accelerating
- Fixed an issue with the Oculus Rift CV1 due to stencil mesh being enabled by default
- Changed default settings to improve general compatibility
- Visual quality and performance optimization
F1 22 patch 1.06 also brings fixes and game adjustments while changing some aspects of vehicle behavior and force feedback:
The engine torque curve has been slightly modified to move from an almost constant torque range oscillating between 6,000 and 10,000 revolutions per minute to a real curve with a lower maximum engine torque which gradually increases. To sum up, the power of the engine gradually increases and the lower the number of revolutions per minute, the lower the engine torque.
The transmission ratios have been slightly modified. It is above all the lowest gears that have evolved and which now react less quickly to the phenomenon of traction.
The force feedback has been improved thanks to the inclusion of a new parameter: the automatic tire alignment torque. The automatic alignment torque is important since this natural torque on which the tire is aligned reaches its maximum before the maximum drift angle. To sum up, this automatic alignment torque has two features. First, it allows the force feedback to have higher torque when the steering wheel returns to the neutral center point. Performance will therefore be increased tenfold. Second, it loses a good deal of natural torque when it peaks, which means understeer and oversteer are felt more and sooner.
With the release of patch 1.06, the increase in tire pressure will affect tire grip and your times, especially if you have already done several laps. Codemasters recommends that you use the default tire pressure to avoid losing grip due to increased casing and tire surface temperatures.
The grip of the tires has not been modified. So you won’t feel any difference in Time Trials since the “Tyre Temperatures” feature is not enabled.
Finally, since the performance of the single-seaters evolves throughout the season, the patch takes advantage of this to balance the game in order to have an in-game hierarchy as faithful as possible to reality. If you want to know more about the game, we invite you to go to our complete test.