- Full time fixed term until 12/31/2024
- Contribute to the Indonesian content-based language teaching and curriculum design at the Indonesian Studies Discipline within the School of Languages and Cultures
- Academic Level A/B, Base Salary $79,784- $134,403 pa + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences offers one of the most comprehensive and diverse ranges of humanities and social science studies in the Asia Pacific region and is regularly ranked in the top 20 arts faculties in the world. The School of Languages and Cultures offers the widest range of undergraduate and postgraduate language studies in Australia and is a Center for European, Latin American, Asian and Middle Eastern Studies.
The Indonesian Studies Discipline within the School of Languages and Cultures is seeking to appoint an Associate Lecturer or Lecturer in the field of Indonesian Studies.
This role is a great opportunity for an early career teacher/scholar with a strong profile in Indonesian content-based language teaching and curriculum design.
As the successful applicant you will:
- engage in high quality teaching and coordination of undergraduate units in Indonesian Studies
- develop and evaluate undergraduate learning resources for Indonesian which reflects contemporary and innovative practices
- develop and evaluate assessment materials in accordance with best practice
- contribute to teaching in Asian Studies as required
- participate in teaching collaboration including team-teaching of undergraduate units as required
- contribute to the supervision of honors and postgraduates in Indonesian Studies as part of a supervisory team
- coordinate activities to promote Indonesian Studies within the University and in the broader community
- work flexibly and collaboratively in a team environment and take on roles in administration in the Discipline and School.
We are looking for an Indonesian Studies Associate Lecturer / Lecturer (Education Focused) who possesses:
- a minimum of a Masters Degree (by research) in the field of Indonesian Studies or a related field (ideally a PhD which is complete or close to completion ie within 3 months) (at Associate Lecturer level)
- an awarded PhD or equivalent in the field of Indonesian Studies or a related field (at Lecturer level)
- native or near native competence in Indonesian language and excellent communicative ability in English
- demonstrated experience in innovative teaching, including familiarity with e-learning platforms and teaching remotely
- demonstrated experience in developing and evaluating learning materials and assessment based on contemporary pedagogical practice
- demonstrated capacity in promoting student retention
- demonstrated research potential in an area that complements the Discipline’s existing research strengths (at Associate Lecturer level)
- a research track record in an area that complements the Discipline’s existing research strengths (at Lecturer level)
- excellent problem-solving, time management and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly and collaboratively in a team environment and take on administrative roles related to the Discipline and School.
Desirable is your:
- demonstrated capacity in coordinating outreach activities to promote the Discipline
- demonstrated capacity in collaborative and interdisciplinary teaching
- ability to contribute to the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students as part of a supervision team.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to provide evidence of their capacity for excellent teaching. Candidates will be requested to do a teaching demonstration as part of the interview process.
Please state in your cover letter the level of the role you wish to apply for (Level A or B) and the reason why you are best suited to this level.
Successful candidate will start the role on 1/02/2023.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, 16 August 2022
how to apply
Please click here to apply https://usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/USYD_EXTERNAL_CAREER_SITE/job/Brennan-MacCallum-Building/Indonesian-Studies-Associate-Lecturer—Lecturer–Education-Focused-_0094635-1
© The University of Sydney