One other NFL Sunday has come and gone with Week 8 now within the books simply in need of Monday night time’s collision between the Cincinnati Bengals and the Cleveland Browns.
Because the halfway level of the season approaches, kind Oklahoma large receiver Cee Dee Lamb and the Dallas Cowboys wish to discover their groove with quarterback Dak Prescott again into the fold after lacking a number of weeks as a consequence of damage.
After a gradual begin offensively in an eventual win over the Detroit Lions final weekend in Prescott’s first sport again, the Cowboys got here out weapons blazing on Sunday in a 49-29 dismantling of the Chicago Bears – with Lamb actually taking part in a key position as he sometimes does.
The previous Sooner caught 5 passes on the afternoon, main the staff with 77 receiving yards and getting himself into the endzone for one his staff’s seven scores on the day.
Lamb, a primary spherical draft decide of Dallas in 2020, was chosen with the intention for him to be the No. 1 receiving risk for Prescott in some unspecified time in the future within the close to future.
That point is now, because the Cowboys traded away amari cooper within the offseason – paving the way in which for Lamb to be the highest receiving choice on the staff.
To this point in 2022, he has stepped up in that position catching 42 passes for 556 yards and three touchdowns with nonetheless greater than half the season to go.
One has tempo to close 100 catches and to enormously exceed 1,000 yards, Lamb continues to indicate his potential to be one of many high pass-catchers within the sport if he can proceed his upward trajectory.
If he can hold the identical tempo statistically, Lamb will set career-high marks in receptions and yards on this his third skilled season.
Now at 6-2, Dallas stays firmly within the playoff image with hopes to contend for an NFC East title – albeit with a deficit to make as much as the still-undefeated Philadelphia Eagles led by one in every of Lamb’s former OU quarterbacks in Jalen Hurts.
After a bye week, the Cowboys will return to motion on the highway Sunday, Nov. 13 at Lambeau Subject taking up the Inexperienced Bay Packers at 3:25 pm CT.
As for the remainder of the Sooners within the NFL, here’s a recap of how they did in Week 8:
(L 34-26 at Minnesota)
- WR Marquise Brown: DNP (IR Record)
- OL Cody Ford: Began at left guard
- OL Marquis Hayes: DNP (Apply Squad)
- QB Kyler Murray: Accomplished 31 of 44 passes for 326 yards, 3 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, 6 rushes for 36 yards
(W 37-34 OT vs Carolina)
- RB Damien Williams: DNP (IR Record)
(W 27-22 at Tampa Bay on Thursday Evening)
- TE Mark Andrews: 3 receptions on 5 targets for 33 yards
- OL Ben Powers: Began at left guard
(W 27-17 vs. Inexperienced Bay)
- DL Jordan Phillips: 1 solo deal with, 1 assisted deal with
(L 37-34 OT at Atlanta)
(at Cleveland on Monday Evening)
- RB Joe Mixon:
- RB Samaje Perine:
(vs. Cincinnati on Monday Evening)
- FROM Isaiah Thomas:
- DL Perrion Winfrey:
- WR Mike Woods:
(W 49-29 vs. Chicago)
- LB Devante Bond: DNP (Apply Squad)
- DT Neville Gallimore: 2 assisted tackles
- WR CeeDee Lamb: 5 receptions on 7 targets for 77 yards, 1 landing, 1 rush for 1 yard
Scroll to Proceed
(W 21-17 vs Jacksonville in London)
- OLB Nik Bonitto: 2 solo tackles, 1 sack, 1 quarterback hurry, 1 compelled fumble
- S Delarrin Turner-Yell: 1 solo deal with
(L 17-10 vs. Tennessee)
- FROM Ogbonnia Okoronkwo: 1 solo deal with, 2 assisted tackles
Kansas Metropolis Chiefs
(W 44-23 at San Francisco)
- TE Blake Bell: DNP (IR Record)
- OT Orlando Brown: Began at left deal with
- C Creed Humphrey: Began at middle
- LS James Winchester: Served as lengthy snapper for 8 snaps
Las Vegas Raiders
(L 24-0 at New Orleans)
- LB Curtis Bolton: DNP (Apply Squad)
Los Angeles Chargers
(L 37-23 vs Seattle)
- LB Kenneth Murray: 5 solo tackles, 1 interception, 1 cross deflection
Los Angeles Rams
(L 31-14 vs San Francisco)
- OL Bobby Evans: Began at left guard
(W 34-26 vs. Arizona)
- LB Brian Asamoah: Noticed taking part in time in a reserve position, no tackles
New England Patriots
(W 22-17 at NY Jets)
- OLB Ronnie Perkins: DNP (IR Record)
- RB Rhmondre Stevenson: 16 rushes for 71 yards, 7 receptions on 8 targets for 72 yards
New York Giants
(L 27-13 at Seattle)
- DB Tony Jefferson: DNP (IR Record)
- WR Sterling Shepard: DNP (IR Record)
New York Jets
(L 22-17 vs New England)
- OL Dru Samia: DNP (Apply Squad)
(W 35-13 vs. Pittsburgh)
- RB Kennedy Brooks: DNP (Apply Squad)
- QB Jalen Hurts: Accomplished 19 of 28 passes for 285 yards, 4 touchdowns, 2 rushes for 10 yards
- OL Lane Johnson: Began at proper deal with
(L 35-13 at Philadelphia)
- S Tre Norwood: Noticed taking part in time in a reserve position, no tackles
San Francisco 49ers
(W 31-14 vs. LA Rams)
- OL Trent Williams: Began at left deal with
(W 27-13 vs NY Giants)
- CB Tre Brown: DNP (PUP Record)
(W 17-16 at Indianapolis)
- P Tress Method: 6 punts for 294 yards, 49 yards per punt, 4 punts contained in the 20, longest punt 65 yards