Salihamidzic and Lewandowski’s behind, the ‘stupid PSG Academy’, Ronaldo’s ears ringing, Van Dijk’s prediction with Hland… Discover the shocking phrases of the week.
Lewandowski has nerves of the Munich world.
Every Saturday, Maxifoot invites you to take a tour of the ten declarations of the week that should not be missed. Serious and at least serious to know the best of the short phrases of football players. Discover the ranking of all the statements that made the headlines of the press this week.
1. Hasan Salihamidzic – I don’t understand Lewandowski. My father always taught me that when you leave, you should never close the door with your behind. Robert is heading in the direction of doing exactly that. (Bild, 31.07.2022)
The separation between the Polish striker, who left for FC Barcelona, and Bayern Munich, was much more painful than expected after a series of several weeks.
2. John Textor- If we bring European standards to young Americans, they will be just as good. Paris came to Florida with this stupid PSG Academy program, putting on everyone’s jerseys. The PSG people came and created this program, a license, and they told me that no child would go to PSG. And I thought: why? Why say that, come to Florida where there are Latinos and say that not one of those kids will be on the team? Why are you there? To sell jerseys? (L’Equipe, 01.08.2022)
The future majority shareholder of Olympique Lyonnais did not hesitate to send a first spade to Paris Saint-Germain… who responded in the crowd by putting him back in his place.
3. Erik ten Hag, about Cristiano Ronaldo – I certainly don’t endorse that. This is unacceptable. For everyone. We’re a team and you gotta stay till the end (Press conference, 03.08.2022)
Having left half-time in the friendly match against Rayo Vallecano (1-1), the Portuguese striker was nervous about the Manchester United world. Including his coach…
4. Jamie Carragher- I always thought it was a weird signing. I always felt that this situation would happen, even though Ronaldo did some good things. No other club in Europe currently wants him. I could be wrong, but it doesn’t look like United can get away with it. And if you ask Ten Hag, I think he doesn’t want it either. I’m not even sure the Manchester United dressing room wants Cristiano Ronaldo right now (Overlap, 04.08.2022)
The former glory of Liverpool, who has always criticized the return of Portuguese striker Manchester United, is drinking whey this summer…
5. Virgil van Dijk, about Erling Hland – He is going to make life for defenders in England horrible (The Telegraph, 31.07.2022)
Good luck Premier League defenders!
6. Alvaro González – Thank you for your unconditional support, for having tl against all odds. I felt like home. I gave everything for this cusson and I would do it again a thousand times. Forever Marseille (Twitter, 01.08.2022)
The farewell message from the Spanish central defender, chased away by the leaders of Olympique de Marseille.
7. Christophe Galtier – I am not and I do not want to be the ambassador of French coaches. I am the coach of Paris Saint-Germain (Press conference, 04.08.2022)
The new Paris Saint-Germain coach appreciates the benevolence of his French colleagues but he does not want to be an example. A good way to take off (a little) pressure.
8. Kalidou Koulibaly, in response to Aurelio De Laurentiis – When I played Naples, I also represented Senegal and I won the CAN. Yes, it may have been difficult for the club when we were at the AFCON, but I won the competition and I’m happy about it. You can’t talk about African national teams like that. You must respect them the same way you respect European nations. (…) If he thinks Napoli can play without African players, that’s his choice (Press conference, 04.08.2022)
The president of Naples will no longer recruit African players if they do not refuse to play in the CAN, program in winter. An endless and stormy debate.
9. Dean Henderson- I have probably just had the most difficult 12 months of my career. (…) I refused so many good loans last summer for this reason and they didn’t want to let me go. It was frustrating. Sitting on the bench and wasting a year is really criminal at my age. I was furious (talkSPORT, 03.08.2022)
Prt Nottingham Forest, the English goalkeeper will try to revive away from Manchester United.
10. Antoine Kombouar, Neymar – Are you defending now? (Match, 31.07.2022)
The Nantes coach already sees change in Neymar… And he didn’t hesitate to tell him!
It is with this declaration that the Top Declarations of the week ends. See you next Saturday for a new issue!